While we try to be as accommodating as possible, filming at Edinburgh Airport provides a number of logistical and security challenges which means it's not always possible to allow all non-essential filming requests. Please note the following:
- All filming within the airport requires a permit.
- Requests are considered on individual merit
- Minimum £5 million Public Liability Insurance is required
- Unfortunately it is not usually possible to allow student filming at the airport.
While we know this isn't always possible, a request should be made at least two working days for news coverage and four working days for commercial filming before the required date. To apply for permission to film at Edinburgh Airport you must contact the media centre and supply the following information:
- Date of filming/photography
- Company representing
- Crew size/equipment
- Purpose of filming
- Areas seeking permission to film/photograph in
Please note: You will be asked to leave the airport if found to be filming without prior permission.